James Arthur Ray’s Response to the first civil lawsuits due this week.
The first civil lawsuits were filed against James Arthur Ray at the end of October. Civil Lawsuits require an Answer or Response be filed with the Court within 30 days. From what I’ve heard, Ray has hired some of the best lawyers in the Country to defend him. His response to the Civil Suits will be the first meaningful communication made by Ray or his people since killing 3 people in Sedona on October 8.
I’m sure that Ray’s legal team has used the very best legal endoscope to examine Ray’s every nook and cranny in order to defend their client. Here’s a sample of the types of things that may have been examined by James Ray’s new best friends (that money can buy):
- Insurance policies reviewed.
- Contracts with Angel Valley.
- Who built what.
- Who supplied materials to build the death lodge.
- Confidentiality Agreements.
- Non-disclosure agreements.
- Arizona Law.
- What happened at past events (injuries & deaths).
- JRI’s event manuals, practices & policies.
- “Waivers of Liability” & Disclosures signed by customers.
- James Rays “credentials” to run sweat lodges and vision quests.
- Ray has probably undergone Psychological Exams.
- Results of James Ray’s team of investigators.
Ray’s Lawyers, after reviewing all this and working closely with Ray’s Director of “Ooooops” Megan Fredricksen (Megan reportedly ran JRI), will file Ray’s legal response this week. Ray’s response will be the first public statement by Ray and will reveal who they are blaming for the deaths in Sedona. Angel Valley will be certainly be counter sued and anyone else they feel will misdirect attention away from Ray, their client. My prediction is that Ray, et al. will put everyone on trial, including the victims in their response.
Immediately after Ray’s Civil Responses are due, the State of Arizona will be filing Criminal Charges if any against Ray.